The Land Development Corporation’s Barge Ramp, located within the Marine Industry Park at East Arm, has been approved as a First Point of Entry (FPoE) for the Darwin Port.
The Department of Agriculture manages the biosecurity risks posed by the arrival of international vessels, people and goods by regulating where vessels can moor or aircrafts can land when they enter Australia. These ports or landing places are known as first points of entry (FPoE).
To gain this accreditation, LDC has demonstrated it has the procedures and infrastructure in place to meet the standards including:
- The management of biosecurity risks associated with the arrival of vessels or aircraft, their passengers and cargo
- Responding to and reporting biosecurity incidents or incursions
- Management of waste appropriately (via appropriate providers)
- The support of biosecurity officers to safely and effectively assess, inspect and treat goods under biosecurity control
- Management of the environment around the port of entry to reduce its receptivity to pests and diseases of biosecurity concern.
The Barge Ramp is located at Darwin’s Marine Industry Park which is currently undergoing planning for new lots for sale or lease.
For Barge Ramp or Hardstand bookings contact our Leasing Manager, Jenny Strang on 8944 0900